Etsy Mini

Friday, May 13, 2011

Guest post from Marie Grasmeier!

Guest Post from the Asian-American-Swede

How often do you get the question "Where are you from?" Well, since I moved to Florida 16 years ago I have probably answered that question a million times. At first, my answer was simple: "I'm from Sweden". Take a look at a recent picture of me and my daughter and you'll understand why I would get some puzzled looks.


I would receive comments like; "You don't look Swedish", "Oh, that's funny!" or "So do you speak Swiss?” After some time I revised my answer to: "I'm from South Korea". I was adopted as a baby and spent 8 months there. However, that would lead to all kinds of questions about South Korea - which I was unable to answer, or even worse, the other person would start speaking Korean to me!

When I found out that Asa had started a blog I was thrilled! I follow several American and Swedish blogs on a daily basis and look forward to making some guest posts here from time to time. Asa and I share the same Love for Art and Swedish Food. Let me share a recipe for a Swedish “Kladdkaka” version of the American Cupcake which will yield 12 muffins:


You will need:

·         1 stick butter
·         2 eggs
·         1 ½ cup sugar
·         ¾ cup flour (all purpose or self-rising)
·         ½ cup coco powder
·         1 tbs vanilla sugar (or a small splash of vanilla extract)
·         1 tsp baking powder (omit if using self-rising flower)
·         1 roll Marabou Milk Choko and a splash of heavy cream

Directions:

1.       Melt the butter.
2.       Sift flour and coco powder and mix all dry ingredients together.
3.       Lightly whisk the eggs and add dry ingredients and melted butter.
4.       Stir and pour into muffin pan (if you have a 3-year old baking assistant you may only have enough batter for 11)
5.       Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes.
6.       Melt the chocolate in the microwave and add a splash of cream to desired consistency.
7.       Spread chocolate on warm muffins.

A true Asian-American-Swede would enjoy these yummy treats with some Absolut Vodka and Kimchi on the side!

Thank you Marie for your guest post, I'm looking forward to hearing from you again! 
Åsa

No comments:

Post a Comment